Nike Free RN Flyknit 2017 Road Running Shoes - Men's
Flyknit construction adds a natural flexibility and sock-like comfort for runners who prize freedom of movement. A tri-star sole pattern flexes with your steps to add consistent support.
- Single-layer Flyknit upper provides ventilation and support where you need it.
- Asymmetric lacing follows the natural lines of the foot to reduce pressure.
- Flywire cables integrate with the laces for an adaptive, supportive fit.
- Soft, dual density Lunarlon foam for a smooth transition.
- Tri-star outsole pattern for support and flexibility.
- Rounded heel promotes a natural range of motion.
|Ideal for||Road running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.