The fit of track spikes with the performance of trail shoes. These light runners boast the iconic Nike waffle sole, tweaked with tapered lugs so you can power up and down hills with control. A rock plate protects your foot and a rounded heel keeps your stride smooth and efficient.
- Flymesh upper for light weight cool support.
- Plush foam ankle padding for extra comfort.
- Dynamic Fit technology utilizes Flywire cables for an adaptive and supportive fit.
- Mesh inner sleeve wraps the foot for a plush, comfortable fit.
- Moulded sockliners enhance underfoot support.
- Forefoot rock plate helps prevent metatarsal bruising.
- Compression molded Phylon foam delivers great forefoot snap and a responsive ride.
- Zoom air unit in the heel provides low profile responsive cushioning.
- Durable rubber perimeter surrounds a rugged Waffle outsole for multi-surface traction.
- Sticky rubber forefoot offers excellent wet surface traction.
- Rounded heel promotes a natural foot strike.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.