For the harsh conditions of polar expeditions, Himalayan climbing or anywhere it's too cold to thrive without expedition-grade gear, the Expedition 8000 Mitts use layers of down and synthetics for warmth with features designed to prevent loss and damage in extreme situations.
- Outer fabric is lightweight and durable Pertex Endurance 30-denier nylon 6 with a waterproof coating and a DWR finish. Seams are not taped.
- High wear areas are reinforced with abrasion resistant 70-denier nylon.
- Lined with fleece.
- Thumbs and backs of hands are insulated with 850-fill power Responsible Down Certified Nikwax Hydrophobic Down that doesn't retain moisture.
- Palms are insulated with a double layer of PrimaLoft Gold synthetic insulation.
- Textured palms for gripping tools and axes.
- Adjustable wrist strap keeps mitts in place.
- Long gauntlets have low bulk cuffs with single handed adjustments.
- Detachable wrist leashes to prevent loss in high winds.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Main fabric||100% nylon|
|Liner fabric||100% polyester|
The type of material used on the palm of the glove. Grippy palms have a raised silicone or polyurethane pattern to improve grip and are most often seen on cycling and paddling handwear.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Hand warmer pocket
The gloves or mitts feature a small pocket to insert a heater pack for extra warmth.