Intense Spider 275 A Expert Bike - Unisex
A fast and flickable alloy rocket engineered for flowy trails and XC precision. The secret to the Spider's eagerness lies in the efficient suspension link system that allows for compact chainstays and a shortened wheelbase. Expect mind-bending acceleration and a stiff, responsive feel when mashing steep climbs. The Expert Build offers a selection Shimano's time tested XT components and buttery smooth suspension: Fox Float 34 fork with 130mm of travel to soak up chuddery sections, and 115–130 adjustable Fox Float rear shock to smooth rowdy descents. The 27.5 wheelset hits the sweet spot between a nimble ride and a fast-rolling pace.
- Hydroformed alloy frame is lightweight, fast and strong.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a nimble and efficient ride.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System for easy maintenance.
- 148 x 12mm spacing in the rear and 100 x 15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in an efficient and balanced ride when climbing or descending.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Fox Float 34 Performance fork with 130mm of travel can be locked out.
- Fox Float Performance EVOL SV can be adjusted from 115-130mm.
- 27.5in. DT Swiss M1900 Spline wheels are tubeless ready.
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires are 2.35in. front, 2.25in. rear.
- LEV Integra seatpost with 125mm of travel.
- Full 1x11 Shimano XT M8000 groupset provides crisp and reliable shifting in all conditions.
- Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes with 180 and 160mm rotors front and rear respectively.
- WTB Silverado Race saddle.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||Intense Spider 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||Fox Float 34 Performance|
|Rear shock||Fox Float Performance Elite EVOL SV 3 Pos|
|Stem||Thomson Elite X4 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||KS LEV Integra with 125mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Renthal FatBar 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 32T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano XT BSA|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano XT 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5 x 2.25 / 2.35|
|Wheel||DT Swiss M1900 Spline|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Race|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.