Designed to layer over an expedition suit or jacket and salopettes for extra wind protection during a summit bid or in a howling storm. Sized to fit over Rab Expedition 8000 pieces or other high-altitude insulation.
- Outer fabric is windproof Pertex Classic 40-denier nylon 6 with a DWR finish.
- Helmet compatible hood has a stiffened brim so it won't obstruct your vision.
- 2-way YKK front zip extends through to the back for easy toilet access.
- Full length YKK side zips run from ankles to wrists to aid in ventilation and give access to inner layers.
- Four chest pockets hold essentials.
- Articulation in the knees for full range of motion.
- Cut is oversize and designed to layer over top of the RAB Expedition 8000 Suit or the RAB Expedition 8000 Jacket and Expedition 8000 Salopettes.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Venting||Full-length leg zips|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Made in||United Kingdom|