MEC Ace Ltd. Bicycle - Children to Youths
- Available prices Clearance price $425.00 From $425.00 to $495.00 $425.00 – $495.00
- Available online
- Find in store
We need some downtime. For the next 118 minutes you can browse the site, but you won't be able to checkout, update your account or view your order history. If you signed in, any items in your cart are saved. See you soon.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
The Ace is a "real-deal" mountain bike for kids from about 8 to 11. It uses a time-tested frame, burly enough for singltrack riding and for taking wee hits and drops. The hydraulic brakes offer control, so kids can learn to confidently feather the brakes as needed, and the brakes can be adjusted so they're right for your kid's reach and hand size. Wide bars, knobby tires, tuneable suspension and a 1x8 drivetrain make it a fully capable bike that's up for north-shore-style trails and full-on downhill ripping.
- Lightweight aluminum frame is durable and ready to hit the trails.
- Aggressive 24 x 2.0in. tires ready for hardpack, soft surfaces and muddy trails.
- Tektro Jr. hydraulic disc brakes with adjustable reach to match your child's hands.
- RST Capa T24 suspension fork has 50mm of travel and can be locked-out for ease of climbing.
- 1x8 speed drivetrain features Shimano trigger shifters and 12-32T cassette.
- 32T narrow-wide chainring makes dropping your chain a thing of the past.
- 620mm wide bars for control on bumpy trails.
- Preload feature on the fork adjusts for different rider weights.
- Lock-on grips prevents unwanted grip twisting and helps with control.
- Flat pedals provide good grip.
- Built with Shimano® components.
- Sized for kids from 8 to 11 years, or about 135 to 150cm (4ft. 5in. to 4ft. 11in.).
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC 6061 butted aluminum|
|Fork||RST Capa T24|
|Stem||MEC AS-007 65mm +/- 7º|
|Seatpost||MEC SP DC 1|
|Handlebars||MEC Mountain Riser 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro Jr. (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro Jr. adjustable|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus Rapid Fire|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Altus|
|Crank + rings||LASCO FM25 32T|
|Pedals||MEC Mtn Jr.|
|Hub (front)||Formula DC22|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 8-speed 12-32T|
|Tires||Duro Rugged Wolf 24 x 2.0|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Hello|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.