MEC Ace Bicycle - Children to Youths
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Like a hole-in-one or a quick cross-court shot, the Ace is a phenom. With higher quality components than most kids' bikes, it's better value, more durable and easier to ride. Your child will spend so much time cruising around on the Ace that you'll wish it came in your size too.
- Lightweight aluminum frame is durable and ready to hit the trails.
- 24 x 2in. tires with all-purpose knobby tread are aggressive enough for use on most trails, and works well on hardpack too.
- Tektro V-brakes provides the clamping power required to lock that rear wheel like a pro.
- RST Capa T24 suspension fork adds comfort and adjusts to varying rider weights.
- Preload feature on the fork lets you adjust it for different rider weights.
- MEC flat pedals provides a good grip.
- Build with SRAM and Shimano® components.
- Sized for kids from 8 to 11 years, or about 135 to 150cm (4ft. 5in. to 4ft. 11in.).
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC 6061 butted aluminum|
|Fork||RST Capa T24|
|Stem||MEC AS-007 65mm +/- 7º|
|Seatpost||MEC SP DC 1|
|Handlebars||MEC Mountain Riser 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro Jr. (V-brake rim)|
|Brake levers||Tektro Jr.|
|Shifters||SRAM Twist 3.0|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Altus|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM 3.0|
|Crank + rings||LASCO Jr 2X 34-24T|
|Pedals||MEC Mtn Jr.|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Tourney 7-speed 13-28T|
|Tires||Duro Country Safari 24 x 2.0|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Hello|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.