A quality, lightweight kids’ mountain bike that we're proud to offer little MEC rippers. While the initial investment might be a bit more than other options, the quality frame and components on this bike won’t get trashed after a couple years of riding. This bike will survive to be passed on to little brothers and sisters who are ready to shred.
- 6061 butted aluminum frame is lightweight and durable.
- Suntour suspension fork for a smoother ride.
- Shimano shifters and derailleurs.
- Alex alloy rims for light and durable wheels.
- Size specific brake levers, saddle, and grips for a perfect fit.
- Sized for kids from 6 to 9 or about 120cm to 135cm (4ft. to 4ft. 5in.).
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC 6061 butted aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour SF16-XCT JR 20in.|
|Stem||MEC AS-007 31.8mm +/- 7º|
|Seatpost||MEC SP DC 1|
|Handlebars||MEC Mountain Riser 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro Jr. (V-brake rim)|
|Brake levers||Tektro Jr.|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Tourney|
|Crank + rings||Pro Wheel aluminum 36T|
|Pedals||MEC Mtn Jr.|
|Hub (front)||Joytech w/15mm bolt|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Joytech w/15mm bolt|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 7-speed 14-28T|
|Tires||Duro Country Safari 20 x 2.0|