Black Diamond Stance Belay Parka - Men's
This insulated layer is the one to take for extremely cold climbing days. It's über-warm, but still lean enough to be layered under a shell jacket if conditions demand you hunker down and wait out a squall. The adjustable hood fits over your helmet without making you feel constricted. And stretch gussets on the cuffs allow you to reach without exposing your wrists to the elements.
- Face fabric is 40-denier nylon treated with a DWR finish for water resistance
- Insulated with 180g ThermoLite synthetic insulation that retains warmth even when wet.
- Adjustable hood works with or without a helmet.
- 2-way front zipper.
- Ample pockets: 2 zippered chest pockets, 2 zippered handwarmer pockets, 1 internal stretch pocket with cord port, 2 internal drop-in pockets.
- Stretch gusset cuffs are low-profile to slot easily under your gloves.
- Drawcord hem can be pulled close to keep out wind.
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||160g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure circumference at base of neck.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.