MEC Hydrofoil Stretch Jacket - Men's
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Lightweight and packable, this fully seam-taped jacket is ideal for wet climates or where you expect foul weather. The Hydrofoil Stretch Jacket's waterproof Pertex Shield construction is breathable so you don't overheat on long approaches. 40-denier nylon promises durability, with 4-way stretch that’s soft and supple, never crunchy. A helmet-compatible hood and pockets that sit above a hipbelt or harness make it ideal for alpine missions and backcountry trips. Best of all, we’ve kept it amazingly affordable so you can budget for longer climbing trips and extra days on the hill.
- Made of 40-denier nylon with a 2.5-layer Pertex Shield waterproof-breathable laminate.
- Fabric has built in 4-way mechanical stretch to move with you.
- Exterior is treated with a DWR (durable water repellency) finish to shed precipitation.
- Fully taped seams for maximum wet-weather protection.
- Fully adjustable hood with reinforced brim is helmet-compatible.
- Raglan sleeves for comfort under backpack straps.
- Underarm vents use water-resistant Uretek zippers
- 2 zippered outer pockets are set high out of the way of a harness or hipbelt.
- Articulated elbows for good range of motion.
- Hook-and-loop–adjustable sleeve cuffs.
- Elastic drawcord at bottom hem.
- Cut for layering over light to mid-weight garments.
- Length provides extra coverage, and fit works for climbing.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Weight||396g (Black Medium)|
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Pockets||2 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.