MEC Confidante Insulated Jacket - Women's
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Combat the damp cold of a west coast winter or a blustery eastern spring. The tailored Confidante jacket is made of waterproof-breathable fabric and has a layer of insulation to keep you toasty while you wait in line at the food truck. A tall neck protects against gusts, and the deep pockets are lined to keep your hands cozy. Taped seams block out November rain, and you can pull on the insulated hood during a squall. Hidden reflective touches help make you more visible on dark winter commutes.
- Shell is polyester with a waterproof-breathable microporous laminate and DWR treatment that helps sheds rain and snow.
- Taped seams throughout make it fully waterproof.
- Insulated with 80g Hyperloft polyester.
- Insulated hood is adjustable.
- 2 deep, fleece-lined handwarmer pockets.
- Zippered internal security pocket.
- Zipper has a wind placket to block the cold.
- Button-adjustable cuffs have hidden reflective details: invert the reflective band to go incognito or leave it exposed for nighttime visiblity.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||180-denier polyester|
|Insulation||80g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.