MEC Frostbreaker Jacket - Women's
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Frigid mornings call for your most reliable winter coat. The Frostbreaker has a deep hood and thick recycled polyester insulation that wraps you in toasty warmth. Deep pockets keep your hands cozy, and the inner cuffs on the sleeves provide uninterrupted coverage that fits over your gloves. The mid-thigh length is slightly longer in the back so you're covered when you sit down, and a 2-way zip lets you adjust the fit. Lots of pockets hold all your daily essentials, and secret reflective details help keep you visible on after-dark commutes.
- Made of nylon with a waterproof-breathable laminate. Lined with recycled polyester that glides over layers.
- Insulation is Hyperloft Eco polyester that containes 50% recycled content.
- Front zipper flap has snaps to eliminate drafts.
- Full 2-way zipper eases the fit when you're sitting down.
- 2 cargo pockets, 2 zippered pockets with fleece lining and a zippered chest pocket outside.
- 2 large inner drop-in pockets, and a secured zippered pocket inside.
- Snap-adjustable cuffs have hidden reflective details: invert the reflective band to go incognito or leave it exposed for nighttime visibility.
- Inner ribbed cuffs stop the cold from creeping in.
- Drawcord at waist helps seal out cold.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Insulation||200g/sq. m polyester (body) + 180g/sq. m polyester (arms)|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.