MEC Chillshed 3 in 1 Parka - Women's
MEC Chillshed 3 in 1 Parka - Women's
- Available prices $375.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Check store availability
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
This warm winter parka has a secret identity: it's also a rain coat and a light down jacket. Wear the Chillshed's 3 layers separately between seasons, and together during the depths of winter. The classic style is totally waterproof-breathable with a DWR finish and sealed seams – always welcome on cold January mornings when the streetcar’s running late. Pockets and zippers are thoughtfully placed in all the right spots so you have easy access to your phone, keys and gloves.
- Outer jacket is made of nylon with a 2-layer TPU waterproof-breathable lamination and a DWR finish for water repellency.
- Outer jacket lining and inner jacket is made with Pertex Quantum recycled polyester taffeta with a DWR finish.
- Inner jacket is insulated with 650-fill-power duck down that meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproof protection.
- Outer jacket has an adjustable 3-panel hood.
- 2-way front zippers on both outer and inner jackets make it easy to sit down, and the wind flaps add protection from stormy weather.
- Handwarmer pockets on outer jacket have microfleece lining to keep hands cozy.
- Interior zippered chest pockets on both outer and inner jackets. Inner also has 2 internal drop-in pockets.
- Centre back length is 36.75in. (size medium).
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Insulation||650 fill-power duck down|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.