You can't do without mitts, but space in your pack is at a premium. Enter the highly compressible Surprise Mitts. The windproof, water-repellent exterior stands up to gusty conditions, and warm insulation keeps the chill out. They're even touchscreen-compatible, so you can send a quick text or take an epic panorama from the summit. When temperatures rise, they pack up so small you'll barely notice them in your pack.
- Shell fabric is windproof, lightweight polyester ripstop and has a DWR finish for weather protection.
- Brushed polyester tricot fleece liner is soft and cozy against the skin.
- Warm Thermolite Micro polyester insulation is 180g weight on back of hand and outer thumb, 100g on palm and inner thumb.
- Thumb and palm are touchscreen compatible.
- Elastic cuff seals out drafts.
|Main fabric||100% polyester|
|Liner fabric||100% polyester|
The type of material used on the palm of the glove. Grippy palms have a raised silicone or polyurethane pattern to improve grip and are most often seen on cycling and paddling handwear.
|Nylon + polyurethane|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Hand warmer pocket
The gloves or mitts feature a small pocket to insert a heater pack for extra warmth.