A nice upgrade for your bike, that won't clean out all your funds. The Aksium Wheels have the same tech as spendier models, and while not quite as light, the bladed spokes and aluminum hubs do a good job at keeping the grams off. A great option for year-round riding, or for using as your winter wheel set.
- S6000 aluminum rims with UB control braking surface.
- Straight pull bladed steel spokes.
- Spoke count is 20 (front and rear).
- Aluminum hubs with steel axles.
- FTS-L steel freehub body.
- 25mm Yksion Elite Guard tires are puncture resistant and comfortable.
- BR101 quick releases.
- Front wheel weighs 815g, rear 970g. Weighed without tires.
|Ideal for||Sport road cycling|
|Brake compatibility||Rim brakes|
The type of tube valve the rim will accommodate. Most Schrader wheels can be retrofitted to fit Presta valves.
|Hub (front)||Mavic Aksium|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.