Great for stop-and-go activity. Designed for passionate alpinists, climbers and skiers, these pants use sperbly breathable Polartec Alpha Direct insulation that vents heat when you're moving. The face fabric is waterproof-breathable AscentShell to offer hard-shell protection when conditions change or unexpected weather roll in. Gusseted cuffs fit over mountaineering boots or ski boots, and tough scuff guards handle ski edges and crampon scrapes.
- Face fabric is waterproof-breathable AscentShell 20-denier ripstop nylon that also blocks wind.
- Fully insulated with breathable knit Polartec Alpha Direct fleece insulation.
- Integrated belt and zippered fly.
- 2 zippered thigh pockets hold essentials.
- Zippered outer thigh vents vent heat on the approach.
- Articulated knees for range of motion.
- Reinforced scuff guards protect against scrapes from ski edges and crampons.
- Cuffs have an inner stretch gusset, ankle zippers, an inner drawcord that doubles as an instep lace and grommets in case you'd rather add your own cord.
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||95g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
|32 in.in. (M)|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.