MEC Khione Plus Insulated Jacket - Women's
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Named for a Greek goddess of snow whose parents were gods of the north wind and mountain storms, the Khione Plus Insulated Jacket is your refuge on white-out winter days. Striking a nice balance between performance outerwear and street-worthy style, this insulated waterproof-breathable layer keeps you toasty from the first chair up the ski hill to the walk back to your cabin. Technical features include incredibly warm synthetic insulation throughout, fully taped seams, zippered underarm vents and a helmet-compatible hood. Diamond quilting bonds the insulation to the lining to keep the shape close to the body and refined, so it works just as well at après as it does on the slopes.
- Fabric is a 2-layer polyester with a waterproof-breathable PU laminate, a DWR finish and fully taped seams to seal out water.
- Ripstop recycled polyester lining features a DWR finish.
- Insulated with 180g of cozy, warm synthetic Hyperloft insulation in the body and 160g in the arms.
- Hood has a stiffened brim to keep snow off your face and is helmet-compatible.
- Front zip is water-resistant with a fleece chin guard.
- Mesh-lined underarm zips use water-resistant Uretek coated zippers.
- 2 zippered hand pockets with water-resistant zippers.
- Internal drop-in pocket and internal zippered pocket hold your phone or goggles.
- 2 zippered chest pockets.
- Powder skirt with gripper elastic has a loop for attaching it to compatible snow pants.
- Drawcord hems let you tune the fit.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Recco technology is not a substitute for skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Ideal for||Downhill skiing|
|Face fabric||75-denier polyester|
|Lining/backer||50-denier recycled polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Venting||Mesh-lined underarm vents|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.