If your quest for fresh gets you out on really cold days, a bomber insulated jacket is essential. Robust 2-layer construction combines a waterproof shell with flexible insulation that won't limit your ability to soar. This piece of cold-weather armour features essential on-hill details like water-resistant zips, a snow-blocking powder skirt, a helmet-ready hood and a ready jacket-to-pants interface.
- Outer shell is GORE-TEX 2-layer stretch twill with a DWR finish + full seam taping for stormproof protection.
- Stretch synethetic insulation is mapped for core warmth and for mobility in the arms and shoulders.
- Lined with soft 20-denier nylon.
- All external zippers are water resistant YKK zips.
- Helmet compatible hood has integrated Cohaesive cinch adjustment.
- Stretchy internal powder skirt has a loop for compatible snow pants.
- Lots of pockets: zippered chest pocket, 2 zippered hand pockets, zippered internal pocket with a cord port and 2 internal stretch drop-in pockets.
- Underarm zips open wide to let you vent heat.
- Cohaesive embedded hem cinch seals out weather.
|Insulation||120g/sq. m polyester (body) + 100g/sq. m polyester (arms)|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.