Bomber. This waterproof-breathable shell takes on big vert and resort ripping. Fully seam sealed with an insanely waterproof outer, this solid shell holds up on the wettest days while remaining breathable and comfortable. Articulated fit won't get in the way during ultra-physical bouts, and is loose enough for layering. Details like media pockets, a removable powder skirt and water-resistant zippers really tie this jacket together.
- 2-layer GORE-TEX® nylon is waterproof-breathable and durable.
- Fully taped seams keep water from soaking through.
- Nylon taffeta and mesh liner wicks moisture and doesn't get clammy.
- Articulated fit accommodates dynamic sessions and layering.
- Adjustable hood seals out frigid winds and icy elements.
- Zippered external chest and internal drop in pockets house essentials.
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs.
- Removable powder skirt is water-resistant and attaches to compatible ski pants.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.