Bomber. This waterproof-breathable shell takes on big vert and resort ripping. Fully seam sealed and made of trusted GORE-TEX® fabric, this mountain-worthy anorak is a match for gnarly weather while offering breathability and supreme comfort. Pull-on design has an articulated fit and is loose enough for cold-day layers. Details like media port, a powder skirt and water-resistant zippers really tie this one together.
- 2-layer GORE-TEX nylon is waterproof-breathable and durable.
- Fully taped seams keep water from soaking through.
- Nylon lining in the sleeves slides over layers and mesh lining in the body moves moisture outwards.
- Articulated fit accommodates dynamic sessions and layering.
- Adjustable hood seals out frigid winds and icy elements.
- Zippered kangaroo style handwarmer pocket holds essentials and has an internal media pocket with headphone cable port.
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs.
- Removable powder skirt is water-resistant and attaches to compatible ski pants.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.