MEC Chillshed 3 in 1 Parka - Men's
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Hey, that specific product isn't available. Here's the newest version, just note the price and features might be slightly different.
A warm jacket with a lot to hide – it’s secretly also a rain coat and a light down layer. Wear them separately in between seasons and together in the deepest parts of winter. The classic style is totally waterproof-breathable with a DWR finish and sealed seams – always welcome on cold January mornings when the streetcar’s running late. Pockets and zippers are thoughtfully placed in all the right spots so you have easy access to your phone, keys and gloves.
- Outer jacket is made of nylon with a 2-layer TPU waterproof-breathable lamination and a DWR finish for water repellency.
- Outer jacket lining and inner jacket is made with Pertex Quantum recycled polyester taffeta with a DWR finish.
- Inner jacket is insulated with 650-fill power duck down that meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproof protection.
- Outer jacket has an adjustable 3-panel hood.
- Handwarmer pockets on outer jacket have microfleece lining for extra warm hands.
- External zippered chest pockets on the outer jackets. Inner also has two internal drop-in pockets.
- Centre back length is 32.25 in (size medium).
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Insulation||650 fill-power duck down|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||3-in-1 jacket system|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.