MEC Glacier Jacket - Boys' - Youths
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
When temperatures dip and snowflakes start to fall, zip up this warm winter jacket to help you stay out longer. Waterproof-breathable and Primaloft Black Eco insulated construction means you're ready for mixed-bag conditions. A powder skirt keeps snow on the outside when the drifts are thigh-deep. And a soft fleece-lined collar and chin guard means you’ll stay comfortable, even when you’ve got your jacket zipped all the way up. A helmet-compatible hood, secure zippered pockets, and a D-ring for a lift pass mean you’re all set to spend winter days on the slopes.
- Waterproof-breathable shell is 150-denier polyester with a breathable microporous polyurethane coating and DWR finish.
- Fully taped seams ensure water won't eventually work its way in.
- Lined with lightweight polyester ripstop.
- 133g Primaloft Black Eco polyester insulation (60% recycled content) in the body and collar keeps you warm.
- 60g Primaloft Black Eco insulation in sleeves and placket.
- Hood has a zippered expandable section to accommodate a helmet. A stiff nylon brim keeps a large field of view.
- Soft microfleece chin guard and collar keeps neck cozy when the hood is down.
- Zipper pulls can be operated when wearing gloves.
- D-ring on left hem for attaching a ski pass.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets, single internal chest pocket and hidden zippered pocket on left sleeve.
- Velcro® cuff closures seal out drafts.
- Powder skirt snaps closed and Velcro® tabs keep it out of the way when not in use. Silicone gripper elastic keeps skirt in place.
- Pant attachment loop at lower back secures jacket to Glacier Pants.
- Name label inside so the jacket won't get mixed up with others.
|Face fabric||150-denier polyester|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.