For backcountry tours, these pants are designed to breathe, repel water, and are generally ready for action. GORE® WINDSTOPPER® panels add extra protection where you need it, with Dynastretch soft shell material everywhere else. Zippered thigh vents keep the air flowing when temperatures rise, while the internal snow gaiters keep powder from surging in.
- Stretch-woven Dynastretch soft shell fabric is wind, water and abrasion-resistant.
- GORE WINDSTOPPER inserts across the waist, thighs and lower legs add wind protection and water resistance.
- DWR finish sheds light precip.
- Engineered fabric and bonded polyester lining wicks moisture outward.
- Hook-and-loop tab-adjustable waist lets you fine-tune the fit.
- Zippered thigh vents let you maximize ventilation.
- Zippered front pockets house the essentials.
- Internal snow gaiters keep snow out.
- Ankle zippers offer easy access to boot buckles.
- Nylon kick patches hold up to long-term use.
|Ideal for||Backcountry skiing|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.