Smartwool Merino 250 Sport Hoody - Women's
Cozy up in unpredictable backcounty conditions. When you need to stay warm in the snow, but cool down when the sun peeks out, grab this hoodie as your trusty mid-layer. A full zip front lets you vent, while merino wool offers prime insulation. DWR treated overlays on the hood and shoulders add protection in wind and light drizzle.
- Main body is made of heavyweight 250g/sm merino wool that's naturally antimicrobial and itch-free.
- Abrasion-resistant polyester overlays on hood and shoulders have a DWR finish to shed light rain and snow.
- Flatlock seams eliminate chafing.
- Drawstring adjustable hood keeps your ears warm on chilly mornings.
- Oversized kangaroo style hand pockets have a polyester overlay that blocks the wind and adds warmth.
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
|Fabric content||100% merino wool|
|Secondary fabric||100% polyester|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
A treatment that inhibits bacteria growth and reduces odour.