Helly Hansen Junior Univers Jacket - Boys' - Youths
For skiers and boarders to max out their time on the hill. Fully seam sealed, this waterproof-breathable jacket buffers you from snow and icy blasts, and a powder skirt keeps out fresh stuff on big days. Insulated to hold warmth close to your body when you’re waiting for friends or stopping to refuel at the lodge.
- Made of waterproof-breathable Helly Tech Performance polyester with a DWR (durable water repellency) finish to shed moisture and cut wind.
- Primaloft Black synthetic insulation is mapped to give you more warmth in the core and less in the arms and hood for better mobility..
- Fully seam sealed to keep out water.
- Hood is adjustable and detachable.
- Wind flap to block gusts, and powder skirt to keep out snow.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets and internal chest pocket double as a handy spot for snacks.
- Zippered ski pass pocket on left sleeve.
- Reflective logos for low-light visibility when you wear it off the slopes.
|Insulation||133g/sq. m polyester (body) + 100g/sq. m polyester (arms)|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.