MEC Waxwing 3 Hybrid Jacket - Men's
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Break a sweat in cool weather with the right combo of breathability, warmth and stretch. The Waxwing 3 Hybrid Jacket is a warm, versatile layer purpose-built for cross-country skiing. Soft fleece on the sides, arms and mid-back allows a great range of motion for poling and disperses heat efficiently. Thermolite Micro polyester panels insulate against the chill, and the recycled polyester shell offers wind resistance when you're skiing into a headwind. A durable water repellent (DWR) finish gives you protection from light rain and snow.
- Shell and lining are lightweight recycled polyester that provides wind resistance.
- Fleece on the sides, arms and mid-back is made from a stretchy brushed blend of polyester and spandex for movement and breathability.
- Front, back and arm quilted panels are made from Thermolite Micro polyester insulation for warmth.
- DWR-treated to shed snow and rain.
- 2 zippered hand pockets sit slightly higher to accommodate a waistpack.
- Cinchable hem and elastic cuffs seal out drafts.
- 28.25in. centre-back length (size medium).
|Ideal for||Cross-country skiing|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.