MEC Uplink Vest - Women's
We need some downtime. In 3 minutes we'll be doing site maintenance. For 18 minutes you can browse the site, but you won't be able to checkout, update your account or view your order history. If you signed in, any items in your cart will be saved.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sandbagged by a sudden weather change? Layer on this vest for some welcome core warmth. The close cut is enhanced by elasticized quilt lines in the underarm and back panels that eliminate air spaces and allow dynamic motion. The treated shell and synthetic insulation cope well with mildly damp conditions. Great as a skiing layer or a little temperature insurance in your climbing pack.
- Fabric is lightweight 20-denier ripstop polyester with DWR.
- Synthetic insulation retains warmth when wet. Fibres are locked in place with sewn-through quilting.
- Elastic thread in the underarm and back panels gives you range of motion without compromising insulating power.
- Fleece-lined chin guard and high collar.
- Raglan style shoulders and elastic edge binding at arm holes keeps you free to move while still retaining heat.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets.
- Drawcord hem helps trap heat.
- Vest folds into its external chest pocket. The bartacked loop lets it double as stuff sack. Small enough to fit on a harness or in the lid of your pack.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop polyester|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop polyester|
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.