The beauty of alpine touring is reaching untouched steeps. Enjoy hitting the whole mountain with these friendly beasts that hike as well as they ride. The Beast 98 are stacked with rebound and agility thanks to ash and poplar core. Double Elipse rocker serves up the optimal weight to mass ratio. Full sidewall construction, steel edges, fibreglass and carbon reinforcements, and an ultralight nylon top sheet round out these big mountain planks. A built-in aluminum tip securely anchors your skins while minimizing ski vibration. The carbon core in the shovel smooths out chatter in a variety of conditions, making it easy to churn up and speed down.
- 98mm underfoot makes for a ski that floats well in softer snow and is agile on firmer snow.
- Full sidewall construction result in a durable and responsive ski.
- Ash Poplar Air Flex Core combine the strength of ash with the lightness of poplar with CNC machined grooves for lightness and flex.
- Carbon fiber in the shovel helps with dampening and rebound without sacrificing handling.
- Full impact-resistant ABS sidewalls give you serious force absorption, even when skiing over rocks.
- Built-in aluminum tip optimizes the skin anchor point and minimizes vibration.
- Double Elipse rocker is flat underfoot with an early rise in the tip and tail for a floaty ride.
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
|Rocker/camber profile||Full rocker|