A super-warm expedition parka from Western Mountaineering, a company known for sleeping bags that handle sub-zero temperatures. This jacket takes design cues from their sleeping bags: fully baffled construction creates no cold spots, 850 fill power down is some of the best on the market, and a Windstopper shell blocks wind and sheds precip. Smart extras include an insulated hood that keep wind off your face, draft tubes over the zipper, inner cuffs and big pockets to defrost your cold fingers.
- Made of windproof, water-resistant GORE-TEX Windstopper fabric.
- Insulated with warm, compressible 850-fill power goose down.
- Baffled chamber construction ensures the down stays in place to prevent cold spots.
- Quilted underarm panels reduce bulk and improve mobility.
- YKK 2-way front zipper has locking sliders so you can open up the bottom to accommodate a belay device.
- Fully adjustable baffled hood keeps your head warm.
- Insulated hood ruff and double draft tubes over the zip lock in heat.
- Internal storm cuffs and external velcro tab wrist adjustments seal out wind and interface with your gloves.
- Dropped rear hem with drawcord provides coverage.
- Insulated handwarmer pockets.
- 2 big stretch mesh internal pockets hold gloves or can be used to thaw frozen snacks.
|Insulation||850 fill-power goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|