When layering up on the ski hill or on a hike, the Upshot is a versatile choice. A kids’ version of the popular MEC Uplink Jacket, it uses quilted Thermolite Micro insulation for warmth and has a windproof, water-resistant shell. A great piece for mild-weather outings or to wear under a shell when the wind and rain pick up, it looks as good with jeans as it does with hiking gear.
- Lightweight, polyester fabric is windproof and has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish for water resistance.
- Polyester Thermolite Micro insulation keeps you toasty, even when it's wet.
- 3-panel hood surrounds head with warmth.
- Elastic edge binding on cuffs, hood edge and hem seals out drafts.
- Lots of pockets store small essentials.
- Stuffs into its own pocket for easy stowing.
- Length provides good coverage.
|Face fabric||20-denier polyester|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.