MEC Upshot Jacket - Youths
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
When layering up on the ski hill or on a hike, the Upshot is a versatile choice. A kids’ version of the popular MEC Uplink Jacket, it uses quilted Thermolite Micro insulation for warmth and has a windproof, water-resistant shell. A great piece for mild-weather outings or to wear under a shell when the wind and rain pick up, it looks as good with jeans as it does with hiking gear.
- Lightweight, polyester fabric is windproof and has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish for water resistance.
- Polyester Thermolite Micro insulation keeps you toasty, even when it's damp.
- Elastic edge binding on cuffs, hood edge and hem seals out drafts.
- Lots of pockets store small essentials.
- Stuffs into its own pocket for easy stowing.
- Length provides good coverage.
|Face fabric||20-denier polyester|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.