Scarpa Alien RS - Unisex
- Available prices $1099.95
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only.
Successor to the original Alien, the RS is a specialized randonee racing or lightweight, traverse-oriented touring boot. Designed for travelling at warp speeds, the Carbon Grilamid® construction is lighter, stiffer, and offers better skiing performance than the previous model. A good choice for the light and fast minimalist or race specialist. At about 890g per boot, these won't hold you back from your goals.
- Carbon Grilamid® LFT shell and cuff has an incredible power to weight ratio.
- 3D Lambda Torsion Frame increases lateral stability and downhill performance.
- Speed Cam Lock ski walk mechanism lock the boot in ski mode and tighten the cuff in one motion.
- Boa® system takes care of the shell tightening in a quick and precise way.
- Zippered gaiter ensures that water and snow stays out of the boots.
- Compact nose ensures crampon compatibility.
- Intuition Cross Fit Tour liner provides lightweight comfort out of box that can be thermoformed for custom fit.
- Forward lean can be adjusted to 7, 9, 11 or 13 degrees.
- Vibram UFO RS rubber sole provides grip and control when off your skis.
- Compatible with tech bindings only, not compatible with step-in bindings.
The boot and binding systems must match for best performance and safe use.
|Lower shell material||Grilamid + carbon|
|Shell cuff material||Grilamid + carbon|
Alpine Touring: with tread; compatible with DIN touring bindings. Alpine Touring Tech (Tech): with tread; compatible with G3 Onyx and Dynafit. Downhill: without tread; compatible with freeride/downhill bindings.
Forward lean affects a skiers balance. Some boots have a set forward lean angle; some are adjustable. Less lean places your knees in a more upright (almost standing) position, whereas more lean positions your knees forward over the ball of your feet.
|7, 9, 11, 13º|
Range of motion
The range of motion of the boot when in hike mode.
Indicates how stiff the boots are when flexed forward. Flex ranges from 50 (soft) to 130 (very stiff). Note: There is currently no industry standardized test.
The width of the interior of the boot shell across the widest part of the forefoot.
|Thermoformable inner boot||Yes|
A mechanism that allows to release the boot cuff to switch to tour mode.