MEC Glacier Pants - Boys' - Youths
MEC Glacier Pants - Boys' - Youths
- Available prices $129.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Check store availability
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Cannot be shipped to USA.
When temperatures dip and snowflakes start to fall, these warm snow pants help you stay out longer. Waterproof-breathable and Primaloft Black Eco insulated construction means you’re ready for mixed-bag conditions. Reinforced bottom hem, knees and seat mean bum-sliding and slipping around won’t wear them out – which boosts hand-me-down potential. Removable suspenders and a waist loop that attaches to the MEC Glacier Jacket promote sweet moves with no drafts on the slopes.
- Waterproof-breathable shell is 150-denier polyester with a breathable microporous polyurethane coating and DWR finish.
- All seams taped except waistband, fly and hem to ensure water won't eventually work its way in.
- Lined with lightweight polyester ripstop.
- 60g Primaloft Black Eco polyester insulation (60% recycled content) throughout the legs.
- Durable nylon scuff guards around the ankles adds durability.
- Velcro® waistband adjustment fine tunes the fit.
- Soft microfleece waistband lining is comfortable against the skin.
- 2 zippered front pockets and single zippered pocket on the thigh.
- Zipper pulls can be operated when wearing gloves.
- Integrated adjustable gaiter with gripper elastic keeps snow out of boots.
- Adjustable hem can be lengthened to keep up with growth spurts.
- Name label inside so the pants won't get mixed up with others.
|Face fabric||150-denier polyester|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop polyester|
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.