Designed for climbers and hikers crossing snowfields and glaciers, the Tamang Glasses provide complete protection from reflected light. The flash lens treatment provides even light filtering and an anti-reflective coating removes stray reflections and glare.
- Holes in the temples for attaching a retention cord.
- Anti-slip nose pads and temple tips.
- Polypropylene frames are flexible, durable and light.
- 6-base lens curve, combined with a curved frame, and side-shields provides great coverage.
- Flash lens coatings increase contrast.
- Category 4 lenses transmit only 5% of visible light. Great for glaciers, but too dark for driving or everyday wear.
TR90 thermoplastic offers good resistance to chemicals and torsion. Propionate is a light, nylon-based, hypoallergenic plastic that's very strong and offers more transparency and gloss than other plastics.
Fixed tints provide a constant degree of darkness. Photochromic lenses adjust to changing light levels. Polarized lenses absorb horizontal reflected glare to improve clarity around surfaces like snow or water.
|Visible Light Transmission||5%|
Refers to the horizontal width in millimeters of one of the frame's lenses.
Nose bridge width
The gap between the lenses, measured at the smallest point.
The length of an arm from tip to tip.
|100% UVA protected||Yes|
Interchangeable lenses let you change lenses to suit differing light conditions or activities.
|100% UVB protected||Yes|