Made for mountaineering, alpine climbing, and general winter use, the Soloists have a modular construction for quicker dry times and fine-tuning to a wide range of temperatures. PrimaLoft® insulation on the palms is needle punched to entangle the fibres. This reduces bulk while retaining warmth, and banishes that slip-slide feel when you’re gripping tools or poles.
- Outer shells are light, yet abrasion-resistant Pertex Shield nylon with 4-way stretch.
- Goat leather palms, plus palm patches with Kevlar® stitching, add abrasion protection and grip.
- Removable liners feature 100% waterproof BDry™ inserts.
- PrimaLoft Gold insulation keeps you warm with 170g weight on liner hand backs and 133g weight needle punch on the palms for maximum dexterity and minimal bulk.
- Target temperature range is -26 to -9°C.
|Main fabric||100% nylon|
The type of material used on the palm of the glove. Grippy palms have a raised silicone or polyurethane pattern to improve grip and are most often seen on cycling and paddling handwear.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Hand warmer pocket
The gloves or mitts feature a small pocket to insert a heater pack for extra warmth.