MEC Nineteen Seventy-One Bicycle - Unisex
- Available prices Clearance price $1126.25 $1126.25
- Original price $1325.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
Explore the open road on two wheels. This multi-purpose bike can also be used for general city riding, cyclocross or long-haul touring. Named for the year the Co-op was founded, the Nineteen Seventy One exemplifies our purpose – to inspire people to get outside. A tough-as-nails aluminum frame with classic stable geometry is at home trekking across Canada or noodling in the bike lane. Massive tire clearance, disc brakes and the wide gear range means it won't disappoint when pushing it at your local cross race. No fuss Sora shifters mated to Sora deraileurs get the job done. Its simple kit makes it easy to work on and maintain, and as any touring bike should, it features all attachment points for racks, fenders and whatever else is required.
- 7000-series aluminum frame is lightweight and strong enough to withstand a wide range of riding conditions.
- Cro-moly fork is lightweight and super tough.
- Long wheelbase and relaxed frame geometry provide a stable, predictable ride.
- Shimano® Sora shifters/derailleurs linked to 50-39-30T crank and 12-30T cassette offer a gear range for all terrain.
- Mechanical disc brakes are powerful, low profile and reliable in all conditions.
- Threaded fittings make it easy to attach racks, fenders and water bottles.
- Tire clearance easily accommodates big volume tires and fenders.
- Wider than average rims provide extra control, comfort and durability.
- Time-tested Shimano Deore hubs and DT Champion spokes go into wheels ideal for bike touring.
- MEC bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC tapered 7005 aluminum|
|Stem||FSA Omega 31.8mm +/- 6º|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||FSA Omega Compact 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|TRP Spyre C (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Sora|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Sora|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Sora|
|Crank + rings||FSA Omega 50-39-30T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA Mega Exo|
|Hub (front)||Shimano HB-M525|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Tiagra 9-speed 12-30T|
|Tires||Clement X'Plor MSO 700 x 36|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Shadow|