Bomb the bowl. The Pinnacle 105 is a great all-mountain ski for charging in the Rockies or Coast Mountains as well as dipping into the soft stuff in the Laurentians. Konic Technology reduces swing weight and aircraft-grade Fir-Nanolite composite core keeps them nimble and controllable in couloirs and glades. Alternating layers of fibreglass and titanal sharpen their performance. And all-terrain rocker with early rise in the tip, plus camber underfoot gives you versatility moving from hardpack to fluff.
- Konic Technology brings the weight of the ski closer to the centre and the edges for a reduced swing weight.
- Fir-Nanolite composite core uses low-density aerospace grade composite for stiffness and control.
- Triaxial braid and metal Laminate further reduces chatter and improves torsional rigidity.
- All terrain rocker with early rise in the tip and camber underfoot for hard and soft snow performance.
- Top sheet reduces snow build-up and fatigue while breaking trail.
- Sintered bases are fast and hold wax well.
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
|Rocker/camber profile||Rocker tip|