Digital technology helps you locate signals during fine searches and zero-in on multiple burials. The iProbe allows you to temporarily turn off compatible Pieps beacons, so you can locate the next-strongest signal. This second generation version features an improved, more-secure battery case as well as a longer length for deep snowpacks.
- Turns on automatically when probe is assembled.
- Centimeter scale estimates depth, so you can adapt your shoveling technique.
- Probe tip features integrated receiver compatible with all avalanche transceivers.
- Tri-color LED indicators and noise changes as you get closer to the signal.
- Beacons with iProbe II support can be deactivated temporarily to make multiple searches easier.
- Operating temperature range is -20 to 45°C
The material the cable is made of. The cable runs through the centre of the probe, and provides the tension to hold a multi-sectioned probe together when extended.
Depth markings on the outside of the probe measure snow depth. They show how much snow is between the rescuer and the victim.