Intense 2018 Spider Expert Bike - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
A carbon fibre rocket with beautiful SRAM Eagle components that climbs as beautifully as it descends. While the Expert build sits just below the Pro level, you won't mistake this for a budget build: SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 components and Shimano XT brakes along with buttery RockShox suspension make this a truly special build. Explosively fast and insanely light, the weight of the frame is on par with many road bikes, but the real secret to its eagerness lies in the efficient link system that gives it compact chainstays and a shortened wheelbase. Expect mind-bending acceleration and a stiff, responsive feel when mashing up steeps.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame with aluminum top link is light, strong and stunning.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System allows for easy maintenance.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in an efficient and balanced ride when climbing or descending.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Direct-mount front derailleur tab allows the use of a 2x system.
- RockShox Revelation RC fork with 140mm of travel is tuneable and can be locked out.
- RockShox Monarch RL rear shock is adjustable between 115 and 130mm.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- 27.5in. DT Swiss M1900 Spline wheels are built for trail riding.
- Maxxis Forekaster tires are 2.35in. wide and has a tread pattern that will make you forget about the weather.
- Fox Transfer seatpost with 150mm of travel.
- The SRAM 1x12 GX Eagle groupset provides crisp and reliable shifting in all conditions.
- Truvativ Stylo crankset is made of 6000-series forged aluminum.
- Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes with 180 and 160mm rotors front and rear respectively.
- WTB Silverado Race saddle.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||Intense Spider 27.5 carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Revelation RC Solo Air|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch RL|
|Stem||Intense Recon 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Renthal FatBar 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Stylo 34T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit GXP BB92|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1275 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis Forekaster 27.5 x 2.35|
|Wheel||DT Swiss M1900 Spline|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Race|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.