Intense 2018 Spider Pro Bike - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
The ultimate device for fast riding, the Spider Pro is explosively fast and insanely light. The weight of the carbon frame is on par with many road bikes, but the real secret to its eagerness lies in the efficient link system that gives it compact chainstays and a shortened wheelbase. Expect mind-bending acceleration and a stiff, responsive feel when mashing steep climbs. Gorgeous SRAM Eagle GX and X01 components make it that much more, while SRAM Guide RS brakes efficiently scrub speed. To make this beauty good to go, it features a reliable FOX Transfer dropper seatpost and tubeless ready DT Swiss wheels.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon SL frame with titanium hardware and carbon top link is light, strong and stunning.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System allows for easy maintenance.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in an efficient and balanced ride when climbing or descending.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Direct-mount front derailleur tab allows the use of a 2x system.
- RockShox Pike RCT3 fork is tuneable and can be locked out.
- RockShox Monarch RT3 rear shock is adjustable between 115 and 130mm.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- 27.5in. DT Swiss M1700 spline wheels are light and tubeless ready with SRAM XD driver.
- Maxxis Forekaster tires are 2.35in. wide and provide plenty of traction.
- FOX Transfer seatpost with 150mm of travel.
- Components are a mix of SRAM GX and X01 1x12.
- Truvatic Descendant crank is carbon fibre with a 34T ring.
- SRAM Guide RS hydraulic disc brakes with 180 and 160mm rotors front and rear.
- Fabric Scoop Radius Elite saddle is light and comfortable.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||Intense Spider SL 27.5 carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Pike RCT3|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch RT3|
|Stem||Intense Recon Elite 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon Carbon 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Guide RS (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Guide RS|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Descendant Carbon 32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit GXP BB92|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1295 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis Forekaster 27.5 x 2.35|
|Wheel||DT Swiss M1700 Spline|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.