Intense 2018 ACV Foundation Bike - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
For ambitious all-mountain adventures and aggressive trail, the Intense ACV (Air Cushioned Vehicle) balances big-bike burliness with XC climbing prowess. Designed to accommodate tire widths up to 2.8 inches, it features a uniquely designed linkage system that boosts stiffness and pedalling efficiency. 150mm in the front and 130mm in the rear is ready to tackle pretty much any trail you have your sights on. With a solid Race Face adjustable seat post to offer up efficiency whether climbing or descending. The Foundation Build keeps the AVC within reach without compromising its trail confidence or reliability, but lets you roll with some change left for gas or the bike park.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame is light, stiff and strong.
- JS Tuned rear linkage system offers an efficient, stiff and balanced ride whether climbing or descending.
- RockShox Revelation RC Solo Air fork with 150mm of travel is tunable and can be locked out for efficient climbing.
- RockShox Monarch RL rear shock is adjustable between 115 and 130mm.
- Race Face Aeffect seat post with 150mm of travel.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front drastically boost stiffness.
- 27.5in.+ Race Face AR 40 rims mounted to Intense Tuned hubs.
- Maxxis REKON tires are 2.8in. wide and offer excellent grip in varying conditions.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System allows for easy maintenance.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Integrated flack guards protect the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- SRAM NX and GX 1x11 deraileurs and shifters.
- Race Face Aeffect single crank with 30T ring.
- Shimano M500 hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm and 160mm rotors front and rear.
- WTB Silverado Sport saddle.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||Intense ACV carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Revelation RC Solo Air|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch RL|
|Stem||Intense 45mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Race Face Aeffect with 150mm travel|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M500 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M500 Disc|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM GX|
|Crank + rings||Race Face Aeffect 30T|
|Bottom bracket||RaceFace BB92|
|Hub (front)||Intense Tuned|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM NX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Rims||Race Face AR 40|
|Tires||Maxxis Recon 27.5 x 2.8|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.