Intense 2018 Recluse Expert Bike - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
The Recluse 275 isn't shy about chomping down on steep, gnarly, North Shore-esque terrain. A head tube angle of 66 degrees makes steep, technical descents feel solid and fun. The secret to its eagerness lies in the link system that gives it compact chainstays and a shortened wheelbase. Expect efficient, smooth climbing, confident ripping and subtle arcing through corners. The Expert Build adds a batch of reliable components to offer up a worry-free bike. SRAM GX Eagle shifters and rear-derailleur ensure the 1x12 shifting goes smoothly. Shimano XT brakes keep things under control. And rims with 22.5mm of internal width ensure performance when the terrain is weird and unruly.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame is light, strong and sharp looking.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System with replaceable Grease Zerks allows for easy maintenance.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- 148x12mm spacing at the rear and 110x15mm in the front.
- JS Tuned rear linkage result in a very efficient and balanced feel while fighting or enjoying gravity.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flak guard protects the down tube from rock lift-off.
- RockShox Yari RC, 27.5in. with 150mm of travel is tuneable to your taste and lockable for efficient climbing.
- RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 takes care of the 140mm of rear travel.
- Internal routing looks clean and keeps cables protected from impacts.
- 27.5in. DT Swiss M 1900 wheels have an internal width of 22.5mm and combines reliability and performance.
- Maxxis HighRoller II are 2.3in. wide and offers excellent grip in a wide variety of conditions.
- Fox Transfer seatpost with 150mm of travel makes transitions from climb to descent a breeze.
- SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain offers a massive gear range without the need for a front derailleur.
- Truvativ Descendant crank complement the 1x system with a 32T chainring.
- Shimano XT M8000 hydraulic disc brakes with 180 and 160mm rotors front and rear respectively, offers plenty of power without breaking the bank.
- WTB Silverado Race saddle is light and comfortable for long days of trail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Recluse carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Yari RC Solo Air|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch Plus RC3|
|Stem||Intense Recon 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Renthal FatBar DH LITE 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Descendant 32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit GXP BB92|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1275 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis High Roller II 27.5 x 2.3|
|Wheel||DT Swiss M1900 Spline|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Race|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.