Intense 2018 Carbine Pro Bike - Unisex
Intense 2018 Carbine Pro Bike - Unisex
- Available prices Clearance price $6100.00 $6100.00
- Original price $6790.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
Free in-store pickup
Have this bike shipped to an MEC store free of charge.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
If you can dream it, the Carbine will ride it. A blend of Enduro-worthy components means this bike can take whatever you can throw at it. It has the fast rolling momentum of a 29er, and is fully capable of more. With 160mm in the front and 155mm in the rear, it has the travel needed to shred the EWS, but the slacker headtube angle (65.5°) and shorter chainstays give it nimble handling and level-headed predictability. The long wheelbase holds traction when you’re pushing the margins on fast descents without losing the fun factor in tight corners and drops. The Pro build draws on a golden mix of SRAM X01 and GX Eagle and components for a light and reliable setup. SRAM Guide RS brakeset keeps things under control when you're coming in a bit too hot. Bottom line, you won't feel under-biked anywhere you ride this rig.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame with titanium hardware and carbon top link is light, strong and stunning.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System for easy maintenance.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in an efficient and balanced ride when climbing or descending.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- RockShox Lyrik RCT3 has 3 compression position, low speed compression and rebound adjustment.
- RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 rear shock takes care of the 155mm of travel.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- DT Swiss M1700 Spline wheels have an internal width of 30mm and are tubeless ready.
- Maxxis Minion DHR II tires offers the traction required for fast and steep descents.
- Fox Transfer seatpost with 150mm of travel.
- 1x12 SRAM X01 and GX Eagle groupset leverages a massive 10-50 cassette.
- Truvativ Descendant carbon crank is paired to a 32T ring.
- SRAM Guide RS hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors in the front and rear.
- Intense cockpit includes a set of 780mm wide carbon bars to boost stiffness and comfort.
- Fabric Scoop Radius Elite saddle is low on weight and comfy.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Carbine SL carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Lyrik RCT3 Solo Air|
|Rear shock||RockShox Super Deluxe RC3|
|Stem||Intense Recon Elite 40mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon Carbon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Guide RS (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Guide RS|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Descendant Carbon 32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit GXP BB92|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1275 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis Minion DHR 29 x 2.4|
|Wheel||DT Swiss M1700 Spline|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Elite|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.