Intense 2018 Tracer Foundation Bike - Unisex
Your ticket to shred. 160mm of front travel, slack geometry and a carbon fibre frame make this bike a certified enduro weapon. Point the Tracer downhill and expect it to handle everything from big hits to mind-bending rock gardens. The JS-Tuned suspension soaks up drops and chuddery sections of trail with powerful, burly elegance. The Foundation model kicks off the Tracer build series with rock-solid, no-nonsense parts. Trail-ready RockShox components handle all of your suspension needs. The 1x11 SRAM gearing leverages a mega 11-42t cassette and a satisfying NX shifter for consistent, rapid-fire performance. Get rowdy and go hard, because the Shimano brakes have you covered with 180mm rotors in the front and 160mm in the rear.
- Lightweight carbon frame with alloy top link.
- Low standover height improves the bike's manoeuverability.
- JS-Tuned enduro rear linkage results in efficient climbing and descending performance.
- Nested suspension link directly above the bottom bracket offers short chainstays and a shorter wheelbase.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube, chainstay and seatstay from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Internal routing protects cables and keeps them from rattling.
- RockShox Yari RC solo-air fork provides 160mm of travel, and can be locked out and tuned.
- RockShox Monarch Plus R rear shock with 165mm of travel.
- Race Face Aeffect dropper seatpost with 150mm of travel.
- SRAM 11-speed NX shifter and rear GX derailleur.
- SRAM NX 11-42 cassette.
- Race Face AR30 rims with 30mm internal width laced to Intense Tuned hubs.
- Maxxis HighRoller II tires are 2.3in.
- Race Face Aeffect single crankset with a 30T chainring.
- Shimano M500 hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm and 160mm rotors.
- WTB Silverado Sport saddle.
- Intense Recon handlebars with 20mm of rise and 780mm width.
- Grease zerks at pivot points, extra-large bearing diameters, and internal cable sleeves for easy maintenance.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles has been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Tracer 27.5 carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Yari RC Solo Air|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch Plus R|
|Stem||Intense Recon 45mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Race Face Aeffect with 150mm travel|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M500 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M500 Disc|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM GX|
|Crank + rings||Race Face Aeffect 30T|
|Bottom bracket||RaceFace BB92|
|Hub (front)||Intense Tuned|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM NX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Rims||Race Face AR 30|
|Tires||Maxxis High Roller II 27.5 x 2.3|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.