Intense 2018 Tracer Expert Bike - Unisex
The mid-level Tracer build features upgraded components with the same brilliant Foundation frame. Perfectly suited for shred rituals and formal Enduro outings, its slack geometry and huge travel lets you pick a line and hammer it. The JS-Tuned suspension set-up allows for shorter than expected chainstays. DT Swiss M1900 wheels are fast, nimble and reliable for long seasons of riding trails. To shave grams, Shimano's XT M8000 brakeset with SRAM GX 12-speed drivetrain positions the Tracer Expert in the category of glorious.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame with alloy top link is light, strong and stunning.
- Low standover height improve the bike's manoeuvrability.
- JS Enduro Tuned rear linkage results in efficient climbing and descending performance.
- Short chainstays and shorter wheelbase is made possible by the suspension link being nested directly above the bottom bracket.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube, chainstay and seatstay from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- RockShox Lyrik RC Solo Air fork with 160mm of travel can be locked out and tuned.
- RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 rear shock with 165mm of travel and 3-position lever for soft, medium and firm settings.
- Fox Transfer seatpost with 150mm of travel.
- SRAM Eagle GX 12-speed shifters and drivetrain.
- SRAM XG-1275 cassette has a massive 11-50T range.
- DT Swiss M1900 Spline wheelset with 30mm internal width, and Boost spacing.
- Maxxis HighRoller II are 2.3in. wide.
- Truvativ Descendant crank with 32T chainring.
- Shimano XT M8000 hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors front and rear.
- WTB Silverado Race saddle.
- Renthal Fatbar LITE DH with 20mm of rise and 780mm width.
- Grease zerks at pivot points, extra-large bearing diameters, and internal cable sleeves for easy maintenance.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Tracer 27.5 carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Lyrik RC Solo Air|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch Plus RC3|
|Stem||Intense Recon Elite 40mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Renthal FatBar DH LITE 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Descendant 32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit GXP BB92|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1275 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis High Roller II 27.5 x 2.3|
|Wheel||DT Swiss M1900 Spline|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Race|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.