Ghost Kato 1 26" Bicycle - Unisex
Your ticket into the fast, fun world of singletrack and cross-country riding. With 26-inch wheels and an aluminum frame, the Kato 1 is nimble, easy to ride and great for exploring trail riding. The front fork has 100mm of travel to take the bite out of rocky paths and keep the ride smooth in adventurous terrain. Shimano shifters are good-to-go and reliable, and mechanical disc brakes offer stopping power in muddy conditions. Looking to commute to work or school? No sweat – smooth, durable Michelin tires hold up well on bike lanes, gravel and dirt.
- Aluminum frame reduces trail vibration, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Shortened chainstays produce a fast-accelerating and nimble ride.
- Mechanical fork with 100mm of travel.
- Shimano Tourney shifters and derailleurs provide reliable and fast-acting shifting.
- 8-speed cassette yields a versatile gear ratio for commuting or mountain-goating up steep climbs.
- Mechanical disc brakes provide solid stopping power in all weather conditions.
- Alex rims laced to Shimano hubs are smooth-rolling and trail-ready.
- Kenda tires provide the right balance between grip and low rolling resistance.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 26 aluminum|
|Fork||RST Gila T|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M375 (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M375 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Tourney|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Tourney TX|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC-TY301 42-34-24T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano TX505|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 8-speed 12-32T|
|Tires||Kenda Slant Six 26 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X-Base|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.