Ghost Kato 1 29" Bicycle - Unisex
When it comes to flat-out pace, 29er wheels can't be beat. Lightweight with fast-rolling hoops, this capable XC ride sets you up for excitement. Big wheels can roll over obstacles, making the Kato 29 a specialist in covering flowy, rooty trails at speed. A light, solid aluminum frame promises responsiveness over the long haul. Looking to mountain-goat up steep climbs and power down bike lanes? No problem. A triple crank combined with an 8-speed cassette provides a versatile gear range for different types of terrain. When it comes to stopping power, hydraulic disc-brakes promise solid braking performance when joy-riding through muddy terrain or embarking on city-wide adventures.
- Aluminum frame is lightweight, durable and cost-effective.
- Shortened chainstays result in a responsive and nimble ride.
- Mechanical fork with 100mm of travel can be locked out for added rigidity.
- Shimano shifters and derailleurs provide reliable shifting.
- 8-speed cassette and 3-ring crank offer a versatile gear range.
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide solid stopping power in all weather conditions.
- 29-inch wheels roll over obstacles and rough terrain with ease.
- Alex rims laced to Ghost hubs are smooth-rolling and trail-ready.
- Kenda tires provide the right balance between grip and low rolling resistance.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 29 aluminum|
|Fork||RST Blaze MLO|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro HD-M285 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro HD-M285|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Tourney|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Tourney|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC-TY301 42-34-24T|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 8-speed 12-32T|
|Tires||Kenda Slant Six 29 x 2.2|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X-Base|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.