This is your mid-quiver, all-season, chop-pow-and-mixed-snow ski. Carbon sandwich construction for damping, power and grip, combines with an aspen core that brings stability, float and playful turns. Progressive flex and a tapered Paddle tech sidecut with flatter sections adds smoothness. The Alchemist is 30% lighter than conventional builds, 30% stronger, and more damp than it's predecessor so you can ride hard, all day.
- Alchemist carbon sandwich construction is light, torsionally stiff, strong and powerful.
- Improved dampness and smoothness makes the ski ask for more speed even when the conditions gets choppy.
- Aspen wood core combined with a larger-than-ever sweet spot results in a ski that's stable, floaty and lively in the turns.
- Textured nylon top sheet is snowphobic.
- Progressive flex and carefully shaped ski results in a powerful and floaty ride.
- Paddle tech sidecut is tapered, with flatter sections that blend at the contact points to make it a smooth, smooth driver.
- Early rise at the tip and tail makes floating on powder effortless.
- Sidewalls are UHMW (Ptex).
- Wide profile Rockwell 48 steel edges provide excellent edge control without sacrificing a playful, floaty ride.
- World Cup Race base is fast and hard for exceptional performance
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.