An all-mountain, all-season ski with maximum versatility. Its ultra-deluxe carbon sandwich construction does the seemingly impossible: it's over 30% lighter than conventional construction, yet 30% stiffer. The result? A featherlight ride, cushy damping, ridiculous power and exceptional grip. A lower tip and a tail rocker increase stability and power in chop and hardpack. With a responsive, intuitive yet playful ride, the Wailer 112 Alchemist is an excellent choice for those seeking to add an all mountain ripper to the quiver.
- Alchemist carbon sandwich construction is light, torsionally stiff, strong and powerful.
- Improved dampness and smoothness makes the ski ask for more speed even when the conditions gets choppy.
- Aspen wood core combined with a larger-than-ever sweet spot results in a ski that's stable, floaty and lively in the turns.
- Textured nylon top sheet.
- Paddle tech sidecut is tapered, with flatter sections that blend at the contact points to make it a smooth, smooth driver.
- Sidewalls are UHMW (Ptex).
- Wide profile Rockwell 48 steel edges provide excellent edge control without sacrificing a playful, floaty ride.
- World Cup Race base is fast and hard for exceptional performance
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.