A new-flavour Wailer. It's an all-mountain, all-season ski with maximum versatility – and it gives you a ton of ski for the money. Reimagined with Foundation construction, the new Wailer 112 brings DPS innovation to more skiers. It serves up a sweet balance of dampness, power and lightness and great on-snow feel. Its revised shaping features a longer fore-body and new flex pattern to ride out the chatter and give it "boof" in the soft stuff.
- Foundation construction focuses on materials and shape to create a beautiful blend of power and dampness that's accessible to a wide range of skiers.
- Bamboo and poplar core helps find a balance between dampening, responsiveness and weight.
- Unidirectional carbon and triaxial fiberglass helps improve stiffness and ability to transfer power.
- Textured nylon top sheet is very durable.
- Paddle tech sidecut is tapered, with flatter sections that blend at the contact points to make it a smooth, smooth driver.
- Sidewalls are UHMW (Ptex).
- Wide profile Rockwell 48 steel edges provide excellent edge control without sacrificing a playful, floaty ride.
- World Cup Race base is fast and hard for exceptional performance
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.